The two overarching aims of our 4-year programme are:
1. To produce citizens with cross-disciplinary cultural knowledge and cultural research skills;
2. To educate our graduates with critical and practical knowledge that would be applicable to a diverse range of cultural employment opportunities, including media and cultural industries, education, business, public services and community work.
The programme learning outcomes remain well-articulated with the two overarching aims stated above. The goal of the BACS will be to develop and refine students’ intellectual and creative capacities as well as their community-oriented knowledge and consciousness, while also equipping them with:
1. demonstrated skills in critical writing and judgment, and media and textual analysis;
2. a capacity for creative thinking in applied cultural scenarios;
3. skills in cross-cultural communication and self-reflexive analysis;
4. tools for the conceptualization and execution of cultural engagement, planning and management.