Vision and Mission Statement
To excel as an internationally recognised liberal arts university distinguished by outstanding teaching and the highest standards of scholarship.
Lingnan University is committed to the provision of quality education distinguished by the best liberal arts traditions. It adopts a whole-person approach to education which enables its students to think, judge, care and, ultimately, act responsibly in the changing circumstances of Hong Kong, the region and the world.
It seeks to accomplish this mission by:
- developing integrated programmes of study at the undergraduate level which are relevant to Hong Kong's needs in a changing international environment;
- maintaining a distinctive role in the Hong Kong tertiary sector with designated disciplinary coverage in Arts, Business and Social Sciences;
- enhancing students' whole-person development through enriched campus life, integrated learning and service programmes, and international exchange programmes;
- offering high standard postgraduate programmes (both research and taught);
- equipping students with language and communication skills to cope with Hong Kong's multilingual environment;
- promoting effective teaching, a vibrant research and discussion culture, and world class research outcomes;
- equipping students with lifelong learning skills and helping them to become lifelong learners;
- promoting interaction and exchange with other institutions of higher learning throughout the world;
- interacting with various sectors in the community in a mutually beneficial way;
- making the most effective use of the human, financial and technical resources available for the pursuit of our goals; and
- meeting our community's educational and training needs by offering programmes through the Community College, Lingnan Institute of Further Education, and other academic units.