- Meet new friends from different places in Mainland China and other countries
- Enhance your cultural awareness by understanding more about culture of other countries and your own
- Have fun while achieve personal growth at the same time
- Strengthen language and communication skills in spoken Putonghua, English and other foreign languages
- Equip with the necessary skills and knowledge to make a newcomer feel at ease in Hong Kong through briefing and training sessions, which offer a valuable experience for your future career and social activities
- Obtain a Certificate of Appreciation as active buddies at the end of the Scheme, which builds up a credential on your resume
- Meet and greet incoming students when they arrive in Hong Kong, and assist in their settling into hostel, Lingnan and Hong Kong
- Offer general guidance and assistance during their stay in Hong Kong to support them adjusting to the local culture and Lingnan Community
- Assist in planning and organizing orientation programmes for incoming students as well as other cross-cultural activities such as International Day, survival language courses, festive celebrations and excursions
- Encourage incoming students to participate into campus activities
- Local undergraduate or postgraduate students
- All Lingnan students returning from exchange studies are strongly encouraged to participate in the Buddies Scheme
- Non-local undergraduate or postgraduate students and exchange students who have been studying at Lingnan for at least 1 semester are encouraged to apply for a Buddy as well
Recruitment of Buddies Scheme opens twice a year and application deadlines are around mid-April for 1st Term and mid-October for 2nd term. The programme lasts for one year. If you are interested to join the Scheme, please submit the duly completed Buddies Scheme Application Form to us. For further information, please refer to Recruitment Poster.
Upon successful application, you will be invited to join the briefing and training sessions. Before the arrival of incoming students, you will be informed of your group with one or more incoming students assigned each Semester. As a Lingnan ambassador, you play as a resourceful person for incoming students to keep in touch with them during the academic year.