Research & Impact
Professor CHAN Chak Kwan, Dickson
Key research areas
- Social care for the elderly
- Social service management
- Social policy in China and Hong Kong
- Chan, C. K., Vickers, T., & Barnard, A. (2019). Meaning through caregiving: A qualitative study of the experiences of informal carers. The British Journal of Social Work. doi: 10.1093/bjsw/bcz039
- Chan, C. K. & Lei, J. (2018) Public Assistance Eligibility and the Well-Being of Poor People in China. Journal of Social Service Research. DOI 10.1080/01488376.2018.1476294.
- Lei, J. and Chan, C. K. (2018). China’s Social Welfare Revolution: Contracting out Social Services. Oxford: Routledge.
- Chan, C. K. & Lei, J. (2017). Contracting social services in China: The case of the Integrated Family Services Centres in Guangzhou. International Social Work. doi: 10.1177/0020872817725135.