School of Graduate Studies
Student-Led Research Programme
As part of Lingnan University’s plan to enhance student learning and research training, the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) is pleased to invite you to participate in the 2019-2020 Student-Led Research Programme (SLRP) (1 October to 30 April 2020). The programme is in line with one of the University’s policies (Strategic Plan of 2016 to 2022) to promote “student-initiated research, including community-based research and service-learning projects”. The programme is part of the Student Research Enhancement Scheme.
Interested students should form groups (minimum of three and maximum of five) to apply for the programme. Successful candidates shall receive academic guidance, and where necessary, some financial support for their projects. We particularly encourage projects of interdisciplinary nature. The projects can include but not limited to:
- Systematic reviews
- Policy review
- Action research
- Historical research
- Knowledge transfer activities
- Ethnographic research
- Case studies
- Archival research
Applications must include the following information
- A brief description and justification of the project (Maximum of 100 words)
- An itemised budget (if relevant)
- The names, academic departments, and contact information of each group member.
- One person must be designated as the leader of the team
Dissemination of output
Participants can share their research through:
- Academic and public presentations
- Academic publications
- Publications in local and international media outlets etc
How to apply
To apply for the programme, please complete this form: https://bit.ly/2m1dYXi
Please submit your application by 20 October 2019.
Should you require any information, please feel free to contact Dr Padmore Amoah (pamoah@LN.edu.hk ; Tel:2616 8037)
- It is advised that any research product or materials that emerge from your project must carry this statement: This research has been funded by the Student-Led Research Programme of the School of Graduate Studies, Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- Please note that some of the information you provide (including the details of your project and contact information) may be publicised on the website of the School of Graduate Studies.