The IMCSP programme is primarily designed for:
- Graduates with degrees in social policy, international development, sociology or other social sciences.
- Professionals whose work is directly related to social policy analysis, design, advocacy and delivery.
- Graduates and professionals from other backgrounds and who seek to join a career in policy analysis, design, advocacy, and delivery.
To be eligible for entry into this program, candidates should have:
- A bachelor's degree from a recognised tertiary institution; or equivalent qualifications and experience, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis; and
- An applicant whose degree is not from a tertiary institution in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country should obtain:
- A minimum score of 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test) or 79 (Internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
- A band score of 6.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS);
- We will consider equivalent qualifications on a case-by-case basis.
Lingnan University offers an intensive designated foundation course in English in July-August and December for students that marginally fail to meet the above English requirement. Applicants who have graduated from a university in Hong Kong or from an international university using English as the primary teaching language do not need to present evidence of their language proficiency.
To apply to the IMCSP programme, you are required to submit the following application materials through the online application system:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement of no more than two pages A4
- Two recommendation letters (in a sealed envelope addressed to the IMCSP programme office)
- Copy of academic certificate(s)
- Copy of academic transcript(s)
- Copy of English language proficiency result(s)
We will conduct Skype/telephone interviews with all applicants before making a formal offer for admission. Applicants will enjoy admission preference if they possess prior work experience in social policy formulation, execution or analysis..
Programme fee and expenses
The IMCSP programme tuition fee for the Academic Year 2020-21 is HK$129,000.
An application fee of HK$350 will be charged upon completion of an online application. The application fee is non-refundable and non-referable.
You will also be expected to take care of additional expenses including accommodation, travel to and from Hong Kong and Hong Kong immigration visa charges (if applicable). For a useful summary of things to consider when coming to Hong Kong for postgraduate study, you may consult: http://www.studyinhongkong.edu.hk/en/.
Successful applicants may be eligible for a UGC Felllowship for partial tuition waiver:
The IMCSP programme has obtained 12 fellowships for both full-time and part-time students. Successful candidates will be required to pay only HK$42,100 for the Academic Year 2020-21, which is the prevailing rate of the UGC-funded programmes. For more details, applicants may refer to the UGC website directly.