The IMCSP programme is primarily designed for:
- Graduates from degrees in social policy, international development, sociology or other social sciences.
- Professionals whose work is directly related to social policy analysis, design, advocacy and delivery.
- Graduates and professionals from other backgrounds and who seek to join a career in public, private and third sector organisations engaged in policy analysis, design, advocacy and delivery.
To be eligible for entry into this program, candidates should have:
- A bachelor's degree from a recognised tertiary institution; or equivalent qualifications and experience, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis; and
- An applicant, whose degree is not from a tertiary institution in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country, should obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) or 79 (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or a band score of 6.5 or above in the International English language Testing System (IELTS). Other English qualifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis - please contact us for more information.
- Lingnan University offers intensive designated foundation courses in English in July & August for students that marginally fail to meet the above English requirement.
To apply for the Master of SocSci in Comparative Social Policy (International) programme, you are required to upload the following application materials through Lingnan University’s online application system:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement of no more than two pages A4
- Two recommendation letters (in a sealed envelope addressed to the IMCSP programme office)
- An electronic copy of your academic certificate(s)*
- An electronic copy of your academic transcript(s)*
- An electronic copy of English language proficiency result(s)*
The Programme Director will conduct interviews with all applicants prior to making an offer for admission. Applicants will enjoy admission preference if they posses prior work experience in social policy formulation, execution or analysis.
*All students are required to provide the original copies of all supporting documents (e.g. transcripts, English proficiency scores, diplomas) for authenticity check when they register to the programme. Lingnan University reserves the right to revoke the admission of those applicants that cannot prove the authenticity of these documents.
IMCSP programme fee and expenses
The IMCSP programme tuition fee for the Academic Year 2019-20 is HK$120,000.
An additional application fee of HK$350 (non-refundable/non-referable) will be charged upon completion of an online application.
You will also be expected to take care of additional expenses including accommodation, travel to and from Hong Kong and Hong Kong immigration visa charges (if applicable). For a useful summary of things to consider when coming to Hong Kong for postgraduate study, you may consult: http://www.studyinhongkong.edu.hk/en/.
We offer scholarships to outstanding domestic and international applicants. The Scholarship amount will normally be equivalent to half or a quarter of the total IMCSP programme tuition fee depending on the student in question. Applicants who receive admission offers will be automatically considered eligible to compete for this financial support.