Advanced Institute for Global Chinese Studies (AIGCS)
The Advanced Institute for Global Chinese Studies
AIGCS’s mission is to foster in-depth scholarly exchanges among institutions and scholars in Chinese studies throughout the world in ways that enhance Lingnan’s international prominence for integrating the finest Chinese and Western liberal arts education. With “Global” and “advanced” as its defining features, the Institute is steadfastly dedicated to pursuing global vision, promoting global collaboration, and achieving global impact in the studies of Chinese culture.
Global vision pursued by the Institute is the ideal of “Scholarly traditions of all nations belong to one family” 天下學問一家. The Institute will publish and disseminate research findings that transcend national boundaries and barriers separating Chinese-language and English-language studies and represent cutting-edge scholarship that combines the finest of the two scholarly traditions.
Global collaboration is central to each of the Institute’s seven major programs, ranging from journal publishing to book publishing, postdoctoral fellowships, symposiums and workshops, lecture series, scholars-in-residence, and knowledge transfer.
Global impact is what the Institute strive to achieve by continuously leveraging its advanced, internationally recognized platforms of publication to continuously broaden and deepen collaboration with many leading institutions as well as overseas scholars numbering in the hundreds.
- Lingnan Prism Symposium Series (3.3): “Chinese Learning Goes West: The Reception and Development of Traditional Chinese Thought in Modern Europe, North America, and Beyond” (5-6 July 2021)
- Lingnan Prism Symposium Series (3.2): “A Crisis, or a New Direction?: Reconsidering the Translation of Chinese Philosophy” (9-10 May 2021)
- "Chinese Poetics Forum" Online Lecture Series (3) 中國詩學論壇網路學術系列講座 (3) (17 April 2021)
- Lingnan Prism Symposium Series (3.1): “Translation, Travel, and Transmission: The Reception of Chinese Masterworks in the West” (10-11 April 2021)
- Lingnan Prism Symposium Series (2.2): “Between Mobility and Place-making: The Worlds of Southeast Asia in Modern Chinese Literature” (20, 26, 27 March 2021)
- Lingnan Prism Symposium Series (2.1): “Between Mobility and Place-making: The Worlds of Southeast Asia in Modern Chinese Literature” (1) (28 January 2021, 29 January 2021, 4 February 2021, 5 February 2021)
- Lingnan Prism Symposium Series (1): “Chinese Literature across the Borderlands” (13 November 2020)
- Announcement: Lingnan Prism Symposium Series (January 2021)
- Prof. Zong-qi Cai won the 2020 Distinguished Editor Award presented by the Council of Editors of Learned Journals at the MLA Convention 2021
- "Chinese Poetics Forum" Online Lecture Series (2) 中國詩學論壇網路學術系列講座 (2) (17 December 2020)
- Job | Postdoctoral Fellow
- Opportunity to Pursue Postgraduate Study in Hong Kong (with Attractive Scholarships)
- "Chinese Poetics Forum" Online Lecture Series (1) 中國詩學論壇網路學術系列講座 (1) (12 November 2020)
- The Establishment of the Joint Research Centre for the Studies of Chinese Poetics 共同建立中國詩學聯合研究中心 (November 2020)
- Publication: Prism 17:2 Special Issue "Critical Theory and Chinese Literary Studies" (October 2020)
- Publication: Prism 17:1 (March 2020)
- Publication: Prism 16:2 Special Issue "Method as Method" (October 2019)
- Publication: Prism 16:1 (March 2019)
- "Western Critical Theory and Chinese Literary Scholarship" Conference (23-24 May 2019)
- "Ecowriting： Tradition and Modernity" Conference 「生態書寫：傳統與現代」學術研討會 (16-17 March 2019)
- Publication of JMLC 15.2 Special Issue "China on the Move: Travel, Exile, and Migration in Chinese Literature and Film of the 20th Century"
- Prism Workshop: 如何搭建文藝理論深度交流的平台？(27 April 2018)
- "Translation and Modern Chinese Poetry: Moving the Goalposts" Symposium 龍門陣：翻譯與現代中文詩歌研討會 (16 June 2017)