All exchange students are required to live on-campus and share room with a non-exchange student during the entire period of study at Lingnan. Rooms are randomly assigned. There are a total of 10 student hostels providing residential places to students in air-conditioned rooms. They are:
All residents shall be subject to the Hostel Rules and Regulations.
- 1 cabinet
- 1 desk and chair
- 1 single bed (6’ long)¹
- Free LAN service connected to the University’s network system
- Free electricity
¹ If you are taller than 180 cm, please request for a longer bed on your Exchange Application Form or contact us at exchange@LN.edu.hk before departure.
Depending on the exchange agreement between Lingnan and respective home institutions:
Hostel Fee (2017-2018)
Hall A, B, C, D, E, F: HK$ 5,465 (approx. US$703),
Air-conditioning Fee (2017-2018)
HK$ 330 (approx. US$42)
Remarks: For those incoming exchange students who need to pay hostel fee, you are required to pay HK$6,035 upon acceptance. Students will be required to settle the outstanding amount or get a refund upon arrival if there is a price discrepancy with the final amount.
For exchange students, you can choose to bring your own linen or buy a new set from us (including a pillow, a pillow case, a bed sheet and a comforter). Please indicate your preference in the Online Application System. Late requests may not be entertained.
Facilities of Student Hostels
- Restrooms and showers shared by all the floor occupants
- A common lounge
- A pantry on each floor, with boilers, microwave ovens and refridgerators
- A game room
- A multi-purpose room
- A committee room
- Free public telephones (international call services not provided) at the lift lobby on each floor
- A laundry area with washing machine and dryers
- A telephone available at the common area