Note to All Internship Programme Applicants: from 14 Jan 2022 onwards, a new prerequisite Pre-Internship Training Programme (PTP) has been introduced. Undergraduate students who are considering to apply for internship programmes (local, non-local or virtual) administered by OSA or internship subsidies provided by OSA, must complete the PTP.
Internship programmes are highly recommended to students who wish to explore their career interests, upgrade their personal profile, and obtain insight in their preferred career choices prior to graduation. Overseas and mainland internship programmes enables students to broaden their global perspectives through practical work exposure outside Hong Kong. They can also develop an open attitude towards cultural differences and enhance global awareness as well as language proficiency; whereas local internship provides opportunities for students to be exposed to the local dynamic working environment. Subsidies will be provided to eligible students, including both local and international students from low and lower-middle income countries, selected for these programmes.
With local work experience, students can enrich their professional knowledge and generic skills in the workplace and establish a good network with associates and professionals. Internship experiences prior to graduation will strengthen students' overall profile and employability.
- Local Summer Internship Programme (LSIP)
- Government Post-Secondary Student Summer Internship Programme (GOVT)
Mainland Summer Internships
* Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all mainland internship programmes for 2022 summer are at a pause until further notice.
- CGCC Mainland Summer Internship Programme (CCMSIP)
- Lingnan University Mainland Summer Internship Programme (LUMSIP)
- Shanghai-Hongkong Future Leaders (Elites) Internship Programme (SHFLIP)
- HKUYA Student Exchange Network "New Youth" Series Internship Programme (HKUYA)
- Cross-border Study Tour for Post-secondary Financial Talents
- Youth Internship Programme at the Palace Museum in Beijing
- “Linking You to Innovation – Entrepreneurial Training and Internship Programme 2019”
- 2019 “One Hundred Enterprises and One Thousand Persons” Internship Program for Young Students of Hong Kong and Macau in Nansha
“灣區追夢·南沙啟航”2019年港澳青年學生南沙“百企千人”實習計劃 (New in 2019)
- Youth internship Programme at Chinese Academy of Sciences 2019
2019中國科學院青年實習計劃 (New in 2018)
- Youth Internship Programme at Beijing Organising Committee for 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
2022年北京冬奧會青年實習計劃 (New in 2019)
- Fudan University Shanghai Internship Program for Hongkong and Macao Students 2019
2019年復旦大學港澳大學生暑期實習計劃 (New in 2019)
Overseas Summer Internships
* Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some overseas internship programmes for 2022 summer are at a pause.
- ASEAN Internship Scheme for Hong Kong Higher Education Students
- Bangkok Entrepreneurship Internship
- Operation Zhang Qian - Undergraduate Summer Internship Programme (available in 2022 summer)
- Jonathan Choi Student Internship Scheme - Japan Culture Learning & Internship Programme @ Kyushu 2019
- Disney Cultural Exchange Program
- Global Internships (Bloom of Youth summer internships & CareerDC summer internships are available in 2022 summer)
- Global Y Trainee Programme
- VolTra International Workcamps
Virtual internships are arranged around the year with local and global firms and organizations, and are open to students to apply anytime. For details of our Virtual Internship Programme and our partners, please visit our website:
- Virtual Internships - intern with companies in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Asia, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Americas