LU strengthens campus preventive measures against novel coronavirus
28 Jan 2020
In view of the outbreak of novel coronavirus and growing number of confirmed cases in the Mainland and Hong Kong, the University has strengthened the following preventive measures with immediate effect.
- Body temperature check has been enforced at all pedestrian and vehicle entrances.
- Students and colleagues are strongly advised to wear a surgical mask on campus.
- Local students are strongly advised to stay home during the period of class suspension. Non-local students are advised to stay in place of residence or lodging.
- Students and colleagues who are now in a city with community transmission of novel coronavirus are advised to stay where they are until it is safe to travel back to Hong Kong.
- Students and colleagues who are returning from the Mainland are requested to complete an online declaration form (For students: please click here. For staff: please click here) before coming to campus. Those who do not show any respiratory symptoms but (a) visited Hubei Province, or (b) visited a medical hospital in the Mainland, or (c) had close contact with a confirmed case of the novel coronavirus, should wear masks at any time for at least 14 days after returning to Hong Kong.
- Student residents who return from Hubei Province without respiratory symptoms are requested to temporarily reside in single rooms at the Visitors’ Quarters, wear surgical masks and monitor body temperature for 14 days.
- Students and colleagues should check their body temperature before coming to campus every day. If they have a fever or any respiratory symptoms, they should refrain from coming to campus and seek medical consultation immediately.
- Pregnant staff or staff with long-term illnesses who require flexible work arrangements should discuss with their supervisors.
- Students and colleagues are strongly advised not to travel to Hubei Province and other areas where community transmission of novel coronavirus is occurring. If it is unavoidable to travel to these areas, they should put on a surgical mask and continue to do so for at least 14 days after returning to Hong Kong.
- Fitness Room and Lactation Room services have been suspended until further notice.
The University will closely monitor the situation and promulgate corresponding arrangements as and when necessary. Further adjustments to the academic calendar would be announced as necessary.
We count on the cooperation of everyone to safeguard the health of members of the Lingnan community.
For enquiries, please contact:
Undergraduate students: Registry (2616 8750, registry@LN.edu.hk)
Postgraduate students: School of Graduate Studies (2616 8720, sgs@LN.edu.hk)
Exchange students: Office of Global Education and Interdisciplinary Studies (2616 8990, exchange@LN.edu.hk)
Student services/student hostels: Student Services Centre (2616 7309, ssc@LN.edu.hk)
Staff: Human Resources Office (2616 8962, hro@LN.edu.hk)
Campus safety: Campus Security Hotline (2616 8000)
Office of Communications and Public Affairs
28 January 2020